On Jun 17, 2008, at 8:18 AM, J. Shirley wrote:
On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 7:00 AM, Tobias Kremer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Quoting Aristotle Pagaltzis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
* Tobias Kremer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-06-17 11:40]:
I've started to code the site and the ongoing process is
available at http://www.funkreich.de/catalyst
Hmm, that *requires* a maximised browser window on a 1024×768
screen. I don't know if it really should… how about a jello
layout?

A width of 960 pixels is the current standard for new sites without
skyscraper/wallpaper ads which must be visible on a 1024x768 15" CRT because ad
clients and agencies still dictate that as the norm :)

Compare my version with the already mentioned movabletype.org for instance.

I hadn't heard of jello layouts before - it seems they're very rarely used ...

--Tobias

This layout is fine but even 960px is too wide and with a fluid layout you could go down to the much more reasonable 730px (an older standard based around
leaderboard ads) as the minimum and it would display nicely for everyone
from there up whether they have a little notebook screen with the rez down
for easier reading or a Cinema display.

-Ashley