Matt S Trout wrote:
> fcgid is designed for shared hosting. it's basically useless for dedicated
> setups.
>
>> I ask this, because it seems that it works better than fastcgi, it is
>> maintained and prefered, but I can't see why.
>
> mod_fastcgi is maintained, just minimally and quietly, and it works
> perfectly.
>
> For dedicated setups it's the only option; I dunno who you think prefers
> fcgid but I'm certainly not one of them.

Hmm, now I'm all confused.  We'd recently switched to mod_fcgid from
handling fastcgi with lighttpd, due to its better process management.
However, I'm always akin to trying new things, so this piques my
curiosity around mod_fastcgi.

What's the general concensus in the catalyst community nowadays?  Is
mod_fastcgi preferred at large over mod_fcgid these days?  I saw a post
from Jonathan Rockaway almost two years ago noting that "mod_fastcgi is
crufty and slightly broken, while mod_fcgid seems to be more sane", and
keep seeing notes that fcgid is better maintained (but no idea how true
that is).  Two years is a long time, though, so I don't know what the
current thought is.