* Mark Blackman <m.black...@fairfx.com> [2009-05-31 22:10]:
> However, lightppd+fastcgi with the fastcgi catalyst server is
> the usual answer for this requirement. For me, the most
> appealing characteristic of this arrangment was merely the
> complete decoupling of the front and back ends.

I like to use ::Engine::HTTP::Prefork coupled with whatever
reverse proxy server strikes one’s fancy (whether it be Squid,
Apache mod_proxy, Varnish, lighttpd, whatever). Additionally
I like to use ::Plugin::Static::Simple, sending proper Expires
headers so that the reverse proxy will keep those cached files
around forever.

That takes decoupling to its logical conclusion: the application
server is standalone and works completely independently from the
internet-facing server. You can fire requests at it like you
would at any webserver. You can use the same engine during
development and in production. There are more advantages, but
I forget.

It’s all very, very nice.

Regards,