From: "Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason" <ava...@gmail.com>
Now that it's quietened down, I can ask a question. Does this I mean
it's preferable to use

$c->req->{parameters}->{foo}

rather than

$c->req->param('foo')

Obviously I'd rather use the faster method but if I'm breaking the
encapsulation in some ways that's going to bite me later, I'd steer
clear.

"Obviously".

Unless you're doing method calls in a tight loop somewhere in your
code you *shouldn't care about this*. Now I've written code that
actually *did* suffer from method call overhead but since you're just
casually asking it's very unlikely that you're doing the same.

Don't sprinkle premature optimizations around your codebase just
because someone produced a benchmark showing one is faster than the
other. You should be doing *profiling* of your  entire program, not
micro-optimizing something that's likely 0.0001% of its total runtime.

If I remember well $c->req->param() is not recommended, but not for performance reasons.

It resembles the method with the same name from CGI.pm, and it can return not only a scalar value, but it could also return an array if it is called in list context. So it might break the code if multiple values were sent for the same variable.

Octavian

database 5061 (20100426) __________

http://www.eset.com