On 15 January 2012 17:41, Marc SCHAEFER <schae...@alphanet.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to port an old Catalyst application I wrote in 2009 to the
> current framework.  Apart from quite a few obsoleted methods I needed
> to rewrite, I stumbled on a very bizarre problem which seems to prevent
> from all of my templates using HTML::FormFu
>
> Basically, I always run in a ISO-8859-1 environment, for various
> KISS reasons (the number of bugs you see in the UNICODE stuff is
> really impressive, and I don't need that additionnal complexity).

My understanding of the YAML spec (Character Encodings)
    http://www.yaml.org/spec/1.2/spec.html#id2771184
is that UTF8 is the default encoding.
Different unicode encodings are supported by using various byte order marks.
No non-unicode encodings are supported at all.

Unfortunately it looks like you'll have to use something other than
YAML - though HTML::FormFu does use Config::Any, so will support a
variety of other file formats.

Carl