Just got home from choir rehearsal and heard the WOODCOCK skydancing over the
fallow field out back. I always think of Aldo Leupold and his Sand County
Almanac when I hear Woodcock in the spring.

CHIPPING SPARROWS are back. They seemed to have been animated by the mild
thunderstorm that moved through around 5:00.

         --------------Kathy Strickland, Union Springs

PS: Anyone birding up this way mid-day Saturday? I have a funeral to play for
here at 10 but should be free around 11 and I could join you wherever you
happen to be at the time--up towards this end of the lake or the
Montezuma/Audubon complex. Let me know and I'll give you my cell #.