I don't doubt her capabilities one bit. Such people are well trained &
compassionate. I meant the activity of people who might "flock" to see the
capture would traumatize the bird.

I am relieved to know the name of a re-habber in the area. We apparently no
longer have one here in our area. She was harrassed by certain people who
apparently had the mentality (???? good intentions????) of many of PETA
members. Things done to her were destructive, mean, cruel & thoughtless. Our
daughter was a re-habber in Florida for a number of yrs.. It's often a
dangerous & thankless job. At one time she had more & larger snakes in her home
than did the local zoo.

Fritzie

  For people who don't know. Victoria Campbell is a thoroughly knowledgeable
and infinitely compassionate Wildlife Rehabber that we are very lucky to have
in our area. She runs Wild Things Sanctuary off Snyder Hill Road. You can bet
the loon is in the most gentle, capable and ethical of hands with her
involvement

  Linda Orkin

  Sent from my iPhone

  On Apr 16, 2011, at 8:23 PM, John and Fritzie Blizzard