This afternoon I returned and added several species for count week:

SNOW GOOSE - single white adult alone in the middle of the lake.
TUNDRA SWAN - a pair of adults to the northwest
GADWALL - pairs and small groups scattered on lake, along shore and with groups of other species
AMERICAN WIGEON - 3 males in Aythya flock
NORTHERN SHOVELER - an astounding thirty-eight (38), mostly in 2 tight groups to the west near/with Aythyas, the males were in varying states of coming into breeding plumage
NORTHERN PINTAIL - 1 male refound along shore with Mallards
CANVASBACK - 1 male, completing the sweep of all 5 Aythya species in the flock
COMMON GOLDENEYE - 3 males near 1 female north of red lighthouse
TURKEY VULTURE - 1 soaring over East Hill
LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL - adult on lake near ducks
I saw a total of 19 species of Anseriformes, plus American Coot, but no loons, grebes, or cormorants today.
--Dave Nutter