Sorry for the late post...

I walked on trails on both sides of the road at Sapsucker Woods from 12:15 to 1:00 today. There was a group of WHITE-THROATED SPARROWS near the north feeders, and there were lots of RUBY-CROWNED KINGLETS in several locations. On the east side of the road near the pond behind the 'frog' barn, a kinglet flock included a BLUE-HEADED VIREO. It was in the shrubbery at the side of the trail about 2 feet in front of me, and it sat there for a minute, letting me admire him without binoculars. In this stretch of trail there was also a HERMIT THRUSH. There was a group of DARK-EYED JUNCOS and lots of activity in the powerline cut, but by then I was running late and couldn't explore the area more carefully.

At home in Caroline we have had a dramatic increase in our DARK-EYED JUNCO numbers the past week or so.

Anne Marie Johnson