When I saw them, I reported them as tundra, but my first thought had been
trumpeter.  The heads were stained yellowish, and I second-guessed myself –
George Fearon photographed K33 clearly and reported it as a trumpeter.
Linda Van Buskirk

From: bounce-111360161-3493...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-111360161-3493...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Suan Yong
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2013 9:20 AM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] K33 and A21

My Christmas day tour of some recent snowy owl spots - Ovid, Aunkst, Martin,
Potatoes - found none, though there was a nice gathering of birders at the
Potatoes building braving the cold together.

In the Union Springs Mill Pond were two swans with yellow wing tags (K33, A21)
as has been reported earlier in the month, and at risk of becoming the boy who
cries trumpeter, I think that's what these are:

http://m.flickr.com/photos/50094151@N03/sets/72157639067923424/

Have the Union Springs regulars been seeing these, and has anyone reported the
tags to figure out where they may have come from?
Thanks.

Suan

P.S. For those keeping track, the conclusion from my last possible trumpeter
photos from Stewart Park is a tundra (thanks Lee Ann and Kevin). I failed to
mention then that that bird did not look noticeably bigger than the other, FWIW.
Subscribe, Configuration and
The Mail
-