Hi all,

There was a Red-necked Grebe on April 13 2014 at Carncross road seen by Steve
Kress's group. My group which went there five minutes later looked for it, at
one point we thought we had it in the scope, but next moment it was gone. And
we did not find it again.  After that on and off there have been a few reports
of this grebe from the same location. So I think it is the same one for some
reasons it is hanging around at Carncross. Perhaps some injury??

What do others think?

Cheers

Meena

PS: Past few days, on a few occasions, I have had fledglings calling in the
early morning  around my house. One day it sounded like as if it was in my
yard, I was still in the bed. But by the time I got up and went out to look for
them they had become quiet, so probably moved away.

Meena Haribal
Ithaca NY 14850
42.429007,-76.47111
http://haribal.org/