The WESTERN TANAGER was very cooperative at mid-day today on the Cornell
campus, making rounds between the hedge on the south side of Day Hall, the east
entrance of the Campus Store, and various points along Wee Stinky Glen. Lots of
people saw and photographed this bird. My photos can be found in my eBird
checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S27999957

this bird does seem to be in active molt, with adult-male plumage coming in
especially on the face, wing coverts, and back.

KEN

Kenneth V. Rosenberg
Conservation Science Program
Cornell Lab of Ornithology