As I drove south on NYS-89 west of Cayuga Lake this afternoon I saw a
Red-tailed Hawk ahead, flying vigorously alongside the road, apparently having
just been persuaded by an Eastern Kingbird to vacate a typical perch atop a
power pole. As they crossed in front of me, the Kingbird closed the gap
completely and appeared to land and remain between the shoulders of the flying
hawk. They disappeared, still attached, behind farm buildings before I could
tell what damage the Kingbird inflicted, but I bet it was pretty uncomfortable.
Meanwhile second Kingbird had also joined the chase.

--Dave Nutter