Hi All,

My perception of spring migration is about the same as Chris' description.
Migration of neotropical migrants almost never happened.  Because of
helping out with the Sapsucker Woods Acoustic Monitoring Project (SWAMP)
this spring, I have spent a lot of time in Sapsucker Woods this spring.
Between the beginning of April and mid June, I've submitted more than 900
ebird lists from 10 points there.  Both diversity and abundance of present
species is way, way down from what I have experienced in previous years.  I
too hope that the change can be explained away by weather.  But, I fear
that it could be something much more serious that is at play.

Jody