There are plenty of birds around my place, and West Danby generally. In this
area I have all the expected breeding birds, and even some fun additions, like
Marsh Wrens, Pied-billed Grebes and Northern Harriers. If you’d asked me a
couple days ago about what’s missing, I might have said Cerulean Warbler, but
lo! Chris Wood found one yesterday in more-or-less the same area they’ve
occupied in previous years.

Well, yeah,  there don’t seem to be any Grasshopper Sparrows, let alone
Henslow’s; but that’s not exactly news.

Cuckoos, Thrushes, Tanagers, Flycatchers, Warblers, Vireos, Bobolinks,
etcetera: they’re all here.

However, it’s certainly true that things are quieter now that territorial
rivalries have settled and nests have been filled. During the next few weeks
I’m expecting an explosion of bird activity, but it won’t really be about
singing, it will be all about stuffing the gullets of hungry youngsters!

-Geo