Thurs. afternoon 3/28/19, Becky Sewell & I birded Rte. 90 from Union
Springs to 5 & 20, and 89 north to 31 (Mucklands where, for 35 min. we
watched thousands of snow geese flying overhead towards Cayuga Lake). On
the muck, are still many pintails & mallards. Coming back down 90 from
Montezuma we went onto Laraway Rd. back to 5 & 20 to check the 4osprey
nests but in all our travels, saw only one osprey .... at Harris Park in
Cayuga.

Thurs. night & Fri. a.m. we had strong winds from the south. Soooo ....

Friday, 3/29, traveling with  non-birders, I left Union Springs just
after noon heading north on 90. *Bingo! *Two ospreys on the water tower
nests across from US high school, one on 326/90 nest, again on 90, one
at Connors Rd. & 2 on the nests north of the RR tracks south of Cayuga.

On 5 & 20 the first nest had one bird & another sat in a nearby tree. I
suspect I would have found more had I been traveling alone or with Becky.

Occupied bald eagle nest in Union Springs area was confirmed on Sat.
3/30/19.

Here at home I have observed crows building in a spruce tree behind our
house & next to our garden.

38 deg., brisk wind from the west with an occasional snowflake
fluttering down, mixed with misty rain.

Fritzie B. Union Springs, NY