This morning, I made a quick run through the Hawthorn Orchard in-between the
rain showers.

Not too much, but a male HOODED WARBLER was very cooperative for me. The Hooded
Warbler was located near the Northwest entrance to the Hawthorn Orchard, right
off the East Ithaca Recreation Way, along the hillside that slopes down on the
West side of the pond below the Black Oak Lane townhouses. The bird was singing
periodically and foraging on or near the ground.

Last night I did some trail clearing at the Hawthorn Orchard along the entire
North Ravine trail and at the two Northeast trailhead entrances into the
Hawthorn Orchard. Makes for a little easier navigation. Definitely wear muck
boots when birding here, it’s pretty wet and muddy.

Below is my complete list from this morning.

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

Hawthorn Orchard and East Ithaca Rec. Way
May 10, 2019
08:56
Traveling
0.50 miles
65 Minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.6.5 Build 36

2 Canada Goose
3 Turkey Vulture
1 Merlin
1 Great Crested Flycatcher