Good morning,

I observed something so strange this morning. There are several dozen juvenile
tree swallows all over the back lawn at the Montezuma Audubon Center
(presumably staging?) fluttering in the air and landing on the ground. I
watched multiples feeding on these small white mushrooms, which iNaturalist
tells me are milky conecap. I have a picture of the mushroom with feeding marks
on it if anyone wants to see. I am trying to get a picture of the swallows
actually feeding on the mushrooms but they won’t hold still!

Thoughts?!

Alyssa Johnson
Environmental Educator
Montezuma Audubon Center