Hi everyone,

Glad to see some reports of warblers starting to trickle in. Cold Northwest
winds are the damper for migration, for sure.

Here’s a link to the Hawthorn Orchard eBird Hotspot:

https://ebird.org/hotspot/L122418

In the right-most column, you can see a listing for “Recent Visits,” organized
by date. Click on the date of any one of those recent visits to see that eBird
checklist and any associated comments that may have been made.

I’ve not posted anything yet on Cayugabirds-L, because it’s been pretty darned
quiet in there.

According to the current weather forecast, we should see our first substantial
night migration overnight Wednesday night to Thursday morning, with the bulk
being after midnight Thursday morning. We can expect a notable influx of birds
on Thursday with probable continued diurnal overflight of birds taking
advantage of continued favorable conditions, well into the morning (look
skyward…).

Pick your favorite birding patch and go birding on Thursday morning, if at all
possible. Can’t guarantee the Hawthorn Orchard, as the leaves were barely
coming out just the other day. Lots of apples were in bloom, though. We need a
handful more days of warmer weather for things to really pick up at that
hotspot.

Please post sightings into eBird using the eBird App for iOS or Android, or
later from a computer. If you go to the Hawthorn Orchard, please submit them
using the hotspot tag for the "Hawthorn Orchard and East Ithaca Rec. Way.”

Good birding this spring everyone, and don’t forget to bring and wear a mask
when birding at the more populated birding locales.

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

On May 12, 2020, at 6:48 PM, Suan Hsi Yong