Hello, All! My name is Wayne Gall, entomologist/naturalist from Buffalo. My
family & I have cabin-camped at Robert Treman SP for well over 35 years, mostly
ca 3rd week of July. While doing stream/gorge walks along Enfield Creek have
observed Cedar Waxwings fly-catching along stream channel many times, sallying
forth repeatedly from overhanging/adjacent tree branches. They seem mostly to
be targeting mayflies that I have observed fluttering up & silhouetted against
late afternoon low sun angle.  As I have observed the nymphal exuviae of
brushlegged mayflies in genus Isonychia contemporaneously on rocks protruding
from stream channel, I suspect this is one of their food sources.

Sent from my iPhone