Someone posted on the Friends of Salt Point Facebook page that a pair was
visiting the platform on March 27, verified with photos.

Robyn

From: bounce-127256533-15067...@list.cornell.edu
<bounce-127256533-15067...@list.cornell.edu> On Behalf Of Dave Nutter
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2023 7:35 AM
To: CAYUGABIRDS-L <cayugabird...@list.cornell.edu>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] FOY Osprey

This morning at 7:24am from our kitchen window I saw my first-of-year Osprey
flying south over the Flood Control Channel past Inlet Island and the NYS-89
bridge, clearly hunting for fish despite the practicing rowing crews.

Despite being out at Allan Treman State Marine Park yesterday morning for
nearly 3 hours, and finding 47 species, I managed to miss the Osprey which Suan
observed from Stewart Park. People walking at Treman have been asking for weeks
whether the Ospreys are back and when I expect them. They are our Charismatic
Megafauna, although Bald Eagles are also popular. I think March 26 was my
previous early record, but I have been expecting a sighting any day for the
past several.

- - Dave Nutter
Subscribe, Configuration and
The Mail