On 12 November 2012 13:04, Mike Frysinger <vap...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> yes, when people tell you forcing asinine behavior is wrong, you label them
> trolls.  i guess that's how you "win" arguments.

Claiming that systems without /bin/bash are "crap" shows a level of
naivete that only someone new to the open source world has. It was a
choice between actual
incompetence (unlikely) or pretend incompetence (a troll).

On to the substance instead of my mistaken ad hominem :

1) Even on systems with a binary called /bin/bash using "#!/bash/bash" is wrong
2) Many systems don't ship with bash at all for licensing, technical,
or preference reasons
3) Most operating systems that ship bash don't ship it in /bin

The only correct behaviors are using

#!/usr/bin/env bash to find the bash binary
or
#!/bin/sh  which is mandated to exist by POSIX

What behavior does 'env' provide that you think isn't good?

--
Eitan Adler