FYI, I was only able to get this to work using transcoder on CME.  Had to match
the codec between UCM trunk and incoming dial-peer on CME...then xcoder would
engage on CME for the SIP phone.  I have a hardware limitation in my home lab
so I am not able to configure a xcoder on both UCM and CME simultaneously.

From: Omotayo [mailto:adefilabi...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 6:33 AM
To: Otto Sanchez
Cc: Jeff Cotter; ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] SIP Hardware Transcoder

Hello Otto,

i had same issue

The transcoder can be on the trunk?

When i did the transcoder on the br2 router, i get a busy tone when the sip
phone is being called from the hq phone

REgards
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Otto Sanchez
<o...@ipexpert.com<mailto:o...@ipexpert.com>> wrote:
Hi Jeff,

Would you please tell us more about the call flow and the end to end codec
requirements for this call. If doing g.729 over the wan, and your sip phone is
using g.711 you should transcode at br2,

Please let us know,

Thanks,
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 8:29 PM, Jeff Cotter