in San Jose
I asked the question about the food to Tom
and he told me that you can bring food and water, only water is allowed on
your desk if you want to eat something you have to go to the table that is
close to the door to eat it. you're allowed to bring your own food, in fact
i did it for my 2nd attempt in  San Jose, i had apples, oranges, fruitbars
and water, no problems