This might be worth revisiting.    Forgive me if this is not entirely a new
insight.

In short, be aware that as soon as the command "service-policy input XXX"
in entered into the configuration, the "mls qos trust cos/dscp" will be
removed.   Likewise, if the command "mls qos trust cos/dscp" is re-entered,
the command "service-policy input XXX" will be automatically removed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_tech_note09186a0080883f9e.shtml

   -

   If any other QoS Classification methods, such as port based or VLAN
   based, are configured on the port gi 1/0/3, those configurations are
   removed when you apply the policy-map. For example, the port Gi 1/0/13 is
   configured to trust CoS as shown here:

   interface GigabitEthernet1/0/13
    description **** Access Port ****
    switchport access vlan 10
    switchport mode access
    switchport voice vlan 100
    mls qos cos 3
    mls qos trust cos
    spanning-tree portfast

   -

   When you apply the policy-map to the interface, it removes the *trust*
    command.

   Distribution1(config)#*int gi 1/0/13*
   Distribution1(config-if)#*service-policy input sample-policy1*
   Distribution1(config-if)#*do show run int gi 1/0/13*
   Building configuration...

   Current configuration : 228 bytes
   !
   interface GigabitEthernet1/0/13
    description **** Access Port ****
    switchport access vlan 10
    switchport mode access
    switchport voice vlan 100
    service-policy input sample-policy1
    *!--- It replaces the mls qos trust or mls qos
   !--- vlan-based command.*
    mls qos cos 3
    *!--- This command is not removed.*
    spanning-tree portfast