I've found that crystallization in sitting drops under oil dramatically reduces
the no. of nucleation events and increases the overall crystal size. Now, if
the increased crystal size helps improve diffraction is something to be tested.

Among the many other suggestions...
Raji

---------Included Message----------
>Hai All,
>Sorry for the non Ccp4 question.
>I got very small crystals for a protein and I am trying to optimize the
>condition to improve the size of the crystal and reduce the number of
>nucleation.
>The crystals are coming from five to six conditions , all have PEG 3350 in
>common.
>Apart from PEG, the condition has Lithium sulphate and Bis Tris in one
>condition and Ammonium suphate and HEPES in another condition, while the third
>condition is Sodium malonate, Bis Tris  and PEG. I am getting thousands of
>small crystals with some
precipitation.

---------End of Included Message----------