Yes;  a==b for P6i - prob. a typo..

B factors at 3.2A are hard to fix - it will depend on scaling convention to some extent..
Can you download the data and re-run refinement for your own satisfaction.

If R ==Rfree for the complex then I suspect they did not transfer the FreeR flags from the apo-protein data to the complex.
Again if the data is available you may be able to check this.
Eleanor

Ibrahim M. Moustafa wrote:
Hi all,

While reading a crystallographic paper describing the structure of an apo-protein and its complex I noticed that

the authors described the space goup as P6122 for the unit cell: a=141.9, b=143.9, c=380.4 !

Could this be considered as a typo or I'm missing something here! the requirement for the hexagonal is a = b # C....right?

Another observation in that paper too: the B-factors for the 2.4 A and 3.2 A structures are 39 and 40?? Does this make sense to anyone??

The last question: In the same paper, for the complex structure R and Rfree are equal (30%) is that an indication for improper refinement in these published structure? I'd love to hear your comments on that too.

  thanks,
 Ibrahim

Ibrahim M. Moustafa, Ph.D.
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Dept.
201 Althouse Lab., Uinversity Park
Pennsylvania State University, PA16802

Tel.  (814)863-8703
Fax. (814)865-7927