Hi,

Temperature is one obvious factor that comes to mind.

If you have access to MS, you could check the protein from the
crystallization drops - find out if there's something 'chemical' going on
such as proteolysis, modification of some sort, etc. - this has happened
to me once before, the protein was undergoing very slow proteolysis,
causing the resulting fragment to crystallize. In the absence of MS access
you could check by SDSPAGE but not all modifications will show.

Likewise, check the pH of the solution in the reservoir of the drops that
gae you crystals (if you have a microelectrode, you can try checking the
drop as well). Sometimes it gradually changes (e.g. MES buffers exposed to
light, acetate buffers leaking acetic acid through the plastic) which can
cause your final pH to be way off what you think it is. Likewise with
salinity (conductivity).

Finally, did you try seeding? If seeding does not work then you should
take a really close look at the above :)

Good luck!

Artem