Hello Everyone,

I have a question about getting rid of model bias in refinement with refmac. I
solved the structure with molecular replacement. After final refinement of the
structure, I found out some key amino acids in the structure and wanted to make
sure their conformations are correct. I omitted these amino acids (by setting
occupancy to zero) and refined the structure. I manually fit the amino acids
into the density and refined the structure again. I found these amino acids
return to the precious conformations even though the conformations I fit were
different. Should I omit these amino acids from the beginning of the
refinement? What is the best way to get rid of the model bias? Your suggestions
are greatly appreciated!

Best,

Sun