Hi Jason,

Instead of doing rigid body refinement of each residue, you may
consider rigid.inp of CNS or an equivalent strategy in Phenix which
will do SA, rigid body and B factor refinement, followed by either
composite omit (CNS) or 'prime & switch' of phenix (rather resolve) to
"fix" the side chains.

Cheers, Partha