Dear Murugan,

you can use the program hkl2map from Thomas Schneider, available at
http://webapps.embl-hamburg.de/hkl2map/
It's a graphical interface to the programs shelx c/d/e which are available from
http://shelx.uni-ac.gwdg.de/SHELX/index.html

With SAD data you want to look at the d"/sigma line at the end of the shelxc
output. Where that drops below about 1.3 is approximately where your anomalous
signal ends. You might get slightly improved statistics with xprep instead of
shelxc, but xprep is not free and you have to get a copy from Bruker-AXS.

Tim

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 02:35:29PM +0530, Vandu Murugan wrote:
> Dear all,
>    I have collected a 2.7 angstrom home source data with Cu-Kalpha source
> for a protein with 6 cysteines, with a multiplicity of around 23.  I need to
> know, is there any significant anamolous signal present in the data set,
> since there is no good model for my protein.  Can any one tell, which
> program to run, and what parameter to see?  Thanks in advance.
>
> cheers,
> Murugan

Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie