From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:ccp...@jiscmail.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Tim
Gruene
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:29 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] measure of anamolous signal

Dear Murugan,

you can use the program hkl2map from Thomas Schneider, available at
http://webapps.embl-hamburg.de/hkl2map/
It's a graphical interface to the programs shelx c/d/e which are available
from http://shelx.uni-ac.gwdg.de/SHELX/index.html

With SAD data you want to look at the d"/sigma line at the end of the shelxc
output. Where that drops below about 1.3 is approximately where your
anomalous signal ends. You might get slightly improved statistics with xprep
instead of shelxc, but xprep is not free and you have to get a copy from
Bruker-AXS.

Tim

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 02:35:29PM +0530, Vandu Murugan wrote:
> Dear all,
>    I have collected a 2.7 angstrom home source data with Cu-Kalpha
> source for a protein with 6 cysteines, with a multiplicity of around
> 23.  I need to know, is there any significant anamolous signal present
> in the data set, since there is no good model for my protein.  Can any
> one tell, which program to run, and what parameter to see?  Thanks in
advance.

> cheers,
> Murugan

Tim Gruene