On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 22:46 +0200, Gerard DVD Kleywegt wrote:
> > ...constraints are just a special case of restraints in the limit
> > of infinite weights

> If you impose "infinitely strong" NCS
> restraints,

But "in the limit" means that the restrained refinement can be made to
approach the results of constrained refinement as close as one wishes by
appropriately increasing the weights. If the fact that in the case of
infinity the point itself can't be reached is somehow problematic, then
derivatives, delta-function, fractal geometry and many other useful
mathematical constructs should be thrown out.

Paging Zeno,

Ed.

--
"I'd jump in myself, if I weren't so good at whistling."
                               Julian, King of Lemurs