I should add that this procedure is really only advantageous for high
Koff complexes. If the complex does not dissociate appreciably in the
time required for SEC, I agree that there is no great benefit for
doing it my way. I have been working recently, however, on a high Koff
complex, so have been thinking about how to get exactly the right
ratio (other suggestions welcome!)

Jacob