This doesn't directly address your question, but since the subject of analyzing
protein-protein interactions with gel filtration is raised on this bb
occasionally, I thought I would mention that there are cases in which
conventional gel filtration chromatography fails to provide evidence of a known
protein:protein interaction.  In such cases, the Hummel-Dreyer gel filtration
method is sometimes used.  It involves supplementing the running buffer with
one of the proteins, so you need a lot of protein.  Here are two references:

Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 88 (1991)
Biochemisrry (1993) 32, 11124-11131

On 11/19/10 6:58 AM, "Sebastiano Pasqualato"