In the past I've collected data on crystals with hollow ends and the
spots were round and had no ears. As it was 15years ago, collecting on
the old SRS my recollection of beam and crystal relative size is a
little hazy but I think they were fairly well matched (both 200um).

Dr. Liz Duke

Principal Beamline Scientist

Diamond Light Source

Harwell Science and Innovation Campus