Hi Dirk

I think you're confusing the sampling of the molecular transform with
the sampling of the electron density.  You say "In the 1-dimensional
crystal, we sample the continuous molecular transform at discrete
reciprocal lattice points according to the von Laue condition, S*a =
h".  In fact the sampling of the molecular transform has nothing to do
with h, it's sampled at points separated by a* = 1/a in the 1-D case.

Cheers

-- Ian