On 04/18/2011 11:04 AM, Chris Ulens wrote:
I understand you want to use in situ diffraction for assigning scores, but I guess it is still useful to visually inspect drop images before you decide to go to a synchrotron, no?
Yep. Or at list run some "crystall recognition software" to extract coordinates of interesting stuffs in the drop...

So let me rephrase the question and ask whether users see any added benefit of using an iPad for decision making on 'going to a synchrotron/buying Marcus's PX scanner' or not.
G-Rob systems are not only available on synchrotron, but also as complete in-house systems for labs (with source and detector, etc.)

Thank you for the private posts indicating we now have a good excuse to buy iPads from research grants. Unfortunately for the PI's, we may have to buy them for all lab members now.
Would also be interested to find out if there are any members of the crystallography community that have experience in writing iPad apps.
as for rewriting some automated scoring programs already available on some other systems.

JL

Cheers.
-C