25% is not acceptable for ITC or CD experiments though...

I was just sharing our bad experience with a demo nanodrop we had. Even if
evaporation is not an issue, one has to take pipetting errors into account
when dealing with small volumes.  The relative error on 1-2ul is a lot
bigger than on 50ul. Unless you want to pre-mix 50ul and use a small
quantity of that, which defeats the purpose of miniaturization...  It all
depends on your applications and sample availability, but if you want a very
accurate measurement, miniaturized volumes just won't get you the same
accuracy.

Cuvettes will give a better accuracy provided you clean them properly. Just
some water or EtOH is *not* enough...

Filip Van Petegem