Hi,
I have encountered this problem with CCP4 6.2.0 as well as for the past few
years. Whenever I run the CCP4 installer "for all users" on my Windows Vista PC
as administrator it only creates desktop icons and startup menu item for the
administrator account, not for other users.

It appears that the CCP4 desktop icon shortcut is put in
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop and the start menu CCP4 folder is put in
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start
Menu\Programs\CCP4-Packages-6.2.0. Both of these paths are incorrect as they
are invisible when logging in as another user.

I'm not sure where the CCP4 desktop icon shortcut should go but placing the
startup folder in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs makes it
accessible to other users.

On a separate note, it also appears that there is a bug in the ActiveTCL
installer which is recommended to be installed on Vista platforms. It only
makes file associations with tcl files for the user who installed this program.
Consequently when double clicking the CCP4 icon as a different user than
administrator windows prompts the user asking what program the  file should be
opened with. Again this can be overcome by making the wish.exe program from the
ActiveTcl folder the default program to use.

Regards,

Robert Oeffner, Ph.D.
Research Associate, Read group
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
Cambridge Institute of Medical Research
Wellcome Trust / MRC Building, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 0XY
www-structmed.cimr.cam.ac.uk, tel:01223763234