From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Xiaodi Yu
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 10:00 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] On pKa of Aspartic acid

Hi Deepak:

I think it is common for the residues which participate catalysis to have a Pka
deviated from the reality pKa value especially for acid/base catalysis (acid
base titration assay can help you to figure out the way of catalysis). Usually
the pKa values of these kind of critical residues are affected by their local
environment and this character is related to the enzyme's working mechanism.

I am sorry that I am not professional in enzyme, I cannot answer your questions
for each questions.

Yu Xiaodi