Nice paper !

I really wish PDB could have some people to review those important
structures, like paper reviewer. If the coordinate is downloaded for
modeling and docking, people may not check the density and model by
themself. However this is not the worst case, since the original data was
fabricated.

The worst case is:

1. All of data was correct and real,

2. The key structural evidence (< 1%) was not presented or excluded in the
discussion.

3. Then the paper was reviewed by some famous people, and then published on
those top level journals.

4. Eventually, it is cited in our textbook for years.

For the most of cases, reviewer and reader will mainly rely on graphics
displaying only. It will be very difficult for people to check the density
and coordinated if he/she is not a well-trained crystallographer.

Recently, I have seen several stories like this. Here is an open letter to
Nature.

http://www.jinkai.org/AAD/AAD_letter_2_nature.html

I hope you experts will also check the coordinate files for verification.

Sincerely,

Kevin

--
Kevin Jin

Sharing knowledge each other is always very joyful......

Website: http://www.jinkai.org/

<<sigma_rmgif.gif>>