I assumed, perhaps wrongly, that the fusion was homogeneous prior to cleavage
as the existence of the MBP band post-cleavage would not have been noteworthy
if it had also been there pre-cleavage.

A time course or at least a time zero sample is always a good idea.

Truncation products prior to proteolysis can certainly complicate
interpretation of results.

In my experience, precipitation of the target protein upon proteolysis from an
MBP fusion is a fairly common problem and not necessarily fixable.

Cynthia

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 4, 2012, at 1:19 PM, "Bosch, Juergen"