As far as sigma level is concerned, and if I remember that you are working at
3.4 angstrom resolution - this 6 sigma is VERY STRONG.
I am sure it is a metal atom. But you can re-process your  data preserving
anomalous signal and calcule anomalous map easily done in
PHENIX, less so in CCP4 and then displaying anomalous map as a difference map
in COOT you MUST see strong peak on this map in the heavy atom location.
Dr Felix Frolow
Professor of Structural Biology and Biotechnology, Department of Molecular
Microbiology and Biotechnology
Tel Aviv University 69978, Israel

Acta Crystallographica F, co-editor

e-mail: mbfro...@post.tau.ac.il