From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Jacob
Keller
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 12:40 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Improving Homology Models

Dear Crystallographers,

it has been my experience that homology modelling programs get folds pretty
well, but sometimes the details are pretty obviously bad, like too-close
contacts. One might think that the modelling software would put in a sort of
"polishing" step, but they don't seem to. Is there any way to trick the CCP4 or
other software to fix these things, such as by simulated annealing or
otherwise, I guess without any weight on the [non-existent] structure factors?

Thanks,

Jacob

Jacob Pearson Keller, PhD
Postdoctoral Associate