 From: David Roberts <drobe...@depauw.edu>
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Sent: Wednesday, 1 May 2013, 20:56
Subject: [ccp4bb] showing electron density on an ipad

Hello all,

So, I find an ipad is a wonderful device for teaching (any tablet really - but
I'm partial to the ipad).  I can project it in a classroom, run pymol and a few
other chemistry/biochemistry things, and really get the students interested in
these subjects easily.  I actually don't have a laptop - and our classrooms are
such that there are computers connected to the projectors but they have
standard University software packages installed on them.

It would be very helpful if I could just display electron density using an
ipad.  The pymol app will load a map (it is an option) - but when I take a map
from my linux machines it doesn't work.  Any thoughts here?  Has anybody done
this

Thanks

Dave