Martyn,

Thanks for this. MolSoft has an iPad/Android app called iMolview Lite which is free. There is more information here:
http://molsoft.com/iMolview.html

The help documentation for displaying electron density maps on iPad are here: http://www.molsoft.com/iMolview.html#EDS

Andy

--
Andrew Orry Ph.D.
MolSoft LLC

On 5/1/2013 2:12 PM, MARTYN SYMMONS wrote:
Dear Dave
I have found the Molsoft ICM browser useful for showing students structures. There is a freely distributed version available for both ipad and android. I have not used it for maps but I believe it can display them. SGC Oxford originally showed me this software and have great examples displaying their structures on their web site and in their PLoS articles. Sorry but I have not used the ipad version - I think you have to pay a nominal fee for that.
 All the best
  Martyn