Hi Stefano,

Wouldn't you be better off going the other way around, that is supplementing
your  protein solution with FAD prior to setting up the crystallization trials?
It sounds as if the FAD is quite labile in your case, but it could well
stabilize the protein and hence give rise to better diffracting crystals.
Unless of course you have good reason to believe that the apoprotein is more
stable, in which case dialysis could be the way to go in order to get all (??)
the FAD out.

 My 2p thoughts.

   Good luck,

                 Boaz

Boaz Shaanan, Ph.D.
Dept. of Life Sciences
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
Beer-Sheva 84105
Israel

E-mail: bshaa...@bgu.ac.il
Phone: 972-8-647-2220  Skype: boaz.shaanan
Fax:   972-8-647-2992 or 972-8-646-1710