Since there is a hinge, you could try searching with the two domains separately.

On 10/05/14 03:34, Luzuokun wrote:
Dear all,
I’m doing molecular replacement using Phaser. My protein is predicted to have two domain with a “hinge” linking them. The model sequence identity is 0.27. But the MR result is poor. I’ve tried other programme (Molrep, MrBump, Balbes,,,_.) But no improvement was observed. I think that this is due to the “open” or “closed” conformation around the hinge. I was told that I could place the Z axis along the hinge (http://xray0.princeton.edu/~phil/Facility/Guides/MolecularReplacement.html <http://xray0.princeton.edu/%7Ephil/Facility/Guides/MolecularReplacement.html>), could anyone tell me more details about how to do next?

Thanks!
Lu Zuokun

All Things Serve the Beam
                               David J. Schuller