From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK] On Behalf Of Chen Zhao
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 11:47 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] A basic question about Fourier Transform

Dear Steven,
Thank you for your reply! I understand that it is nearly impossible to measure
the diffraction of a single molecule, and I am just bringing this up as a
thought experiment to help understand the basics in crystallography. But I
never thought that some molecules actually allow such measurement because you
can burn it over and over again without severe damage. Thanks a lot for this
piece of information.
But for the phase problem, the difference is that, you can have magnetic lens
for the electrons in EM, but you cannot have any lenses for X-ray beam. This is
why I am still confused about this point.
Thanks a lot again,
Chen

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 11:21 PM, Steven Chou